Hi! My name is Hongyuan Zhu (Chinese: 朱宏远). I am currently a scientist leading the Advanced Perception Reasoning (APR) lab in the Institute of Infocomm Research (I2R), at the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Singapore. We do interesting and exiciting research to eveloping intelligent agent that can assist human with multi-modal scene and event knowledge learning and reasoning capabilities under limited and unbalanced resources.
- Institut of Infocomm Research (I2R), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore.
- Scientist III, Principal Investigator, Team Lead for Multi-modal Learning and Perception (2021.04-Now)
- Scientist II, Principal Investigator, Research Lead (2019.04-2021.04)
- Scientist I, Principal Investigator (2014.08-2019.04)
- Computational Photography
- The research on "Differentiable Physical based Image Enhancement" can be found >> HERE
- Multi-modal Learning and Reasoning
- The research on "Semantic Parsing with Various Supervision" can be found >> HERE
- The research on "Rapid Human Action Detection" can be found >> HERE
- The research on "Multi-modal Video Question Answering" can be found >> HERE
- Other Topics @ APR Lab
- Feel free to approach me if you would like to collaborate/explore on the topics you are interested. APR offers a series of exiting moonshoot projects. There is no limit to our research topics ;-)
- 2023-02: Three papers accepted by CVPR2023, Congrats to our APR's students: Sijin, Yuanbiao and Yanglin! See you all in Vancouver :)
- 2022-11: Congrats to Zihan's solid work on object centric pre-training is accepted by Pattern Recognition
- 2022-11: Congrats to Chuangguan's solid works 3D few-shot learning benchmark accepted by IJCV
- 2022-09: Congrats to my ARAP PhD student Xu Ke's first work of WIFI self-supervised learning was accepted by JHBI
- 2022-06: Our team achieve the third place in EPIC KITCHEN Multi-Instance Action Retrieval Challenge, Congrats to Burak!
- 2022-05: Our team's work on "Unsupervised Contrastive Cross-modal Hashing" is accepted by TPAMI!
- 2022-04: Congrats to my intern student Mr.Duan Jiafei received A*STAR NSS scholarhip to start research in UW,Seattle!
- 2022-04: Congrats to my intern student Ms.Huang Ziqi received NTU research scholarhip to start research in NTU S-Lab!
- 2022-03: Our team is awarded a new 2Mil EDB OSTIN Grant for Satellite Image Analytics. Thanks for the support from EDB!
- 2022-02: Congrats to Eng Yen's paper on efficient point cloud recogntion accepted by RAL, ICRA2022 track!
- 2022-01: Congrats to Xiuchao's first CVPR2022 paper on optical flow estimation!
- 2022-01: Our developed 1st few-shot point cloud recognition paper is accpeted by WACV22, Congrats to my Mphil Chuanguan!
- 2021-11: Our developed weakly supervised point cloud instance segmentation using 1000x less labeled date is accepted by PAMI, Congrats to my Mphil YongBin!
- 2021-10: I receved the A*STAR Career Development Fund and Robot HTPO seed fund ($600K) to develop embodied capabilities, Thanks A*STAR!
- 2021-09: I'll serve as the Area Chair of ACM MM Asia 2021 at Gold Coast, Australia. >
- 2021-02: Our A*STAR CHRIS Team is the only team from Asia won the KUKA Innovation Award Finalist! (top5) (Link)
- 2020-11: Congrats to Hu Peng's paper accepted by AAAI 2021!
- 2020-09: Appoint as the Associate Editor of Visual Computer, Elsevier
- 2019-04: One papers "COMIC: Multi-view Clustering Without Parameter Selection" has been accepted by ICML.
- 2019-04: Our ICCV17 extended journal paper "YoTube: Searching Action Proposal via Recurrent and Static Regression Networks" has been selected as ESI Highly Indexed Paper.>
- 2019-04: I have been invited as a PC member for CVPR, ICCV, ACM MM, AAAI in 2019.
- 2019-03: One paper "Spatial Fusion GAN for Image Synthesis" has been accepted by CVPR 2019.
- 2019-03: One paper for "Anomaly Detection in Video Surveillance" has been accepted by IEEE TIFS.
- 2019-01: One paper for have been accepted by AAAI 2019 as Oral Paper!
- 2018-11: Our ICCV17 work on action detection has been adversertised as A*STAR Research Highlighted Research among 25 Research Institutes!.
- I'm selected as IET Image Processing Special Issue Guest Editor, Call For Paper: Adversarial Learning in Image Processing
- Professional Activities
- Associate Editor: Visual Computer, Elsevier, 09/2020 - Now
- Guest Editor: IET Image Processing, 2018. Guest Editor
- Area Chair: ACM MM Asia, 2022
- Senior Program Committee, IJCAI 2021
- Session Chair: IJCAI 2018, PCM 2014
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE TPAMI, TIP, TCSVT, TNNLS, TMM, ACCESS, Elsevier JVCI, CVIU
- Conference Reviewer: CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ACM MM, AAAI, ACCV, ICME, ICIP, VCIP
- 2017 International Consortium of Chinese Mathmaticians 2017, Distinguished Paper
- 2014 ICIP14 SPS Travel Grant \& ICIP14 Top-10\% paper award
- 2014 WACV14 Student Travel Grant
- 2010 ~ 2014 NTU Graduate Research Scholarship
- 2010 Ocean-Tech Award for Best Student Final Year Project.
- 2010 First Prize of IEEE Perl Riverl Delta FYP Competition.
- 2009 BNU Affinity Card Scholarship(Awarded to top 3 students).
- 2008 Henry Fork Foundation Scholarship(Awarded to top 3 students).
- 2006 - 2010 Dean's Honor List (Awarded to top $10\%$ students)